Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

sports trike

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by flexorcist, Oct 10, 2006.

1. am just curious. wether you would or wouldn't is a seperate thing. but does it exst?? maybe, i couldn't find one. i've seen the mini-mokes with hayabusa motors, i've seen mercs, bmws, silvias, turned into utes and sedans into one-tonners. has anyone, anyone at all... made a trike out of a gixa or an r1 or anything???
    like a sports trike??? yes it would be weird and wasteful but so are all projects. does one exist?? does it? does it? oi, ahem oh yeah, does it??

2. I'm sure I saw an ad once in one of the bike mags for an Australian company that was making trikes based on larger Japanese sportsbikes (ie ZX-12, Hayabusa etc.) but can't remember their name. It's certainly possible to make a trike from pretty much any bike if you're prepared to put the time and money into it.
    Edit: Quick search with Google found these
  3. There was one not too long ago with 2 wheels at the front, one at the back, and some ludicrously powerful bike engine in it which was supposed to handle great as well as popping enormous burnouts.