Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sport Jackets - Too Short?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Marshy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Just thought I'd pump up my posting stats :D

What do you guys think of the sport type of jackets out there?
    When I was trying on alot of the leather sport style jackets they really didnt sit to low on the waist. Like they only really just made the top of my jeans. When riding and tucked over the bike, without my shirt tucked in you get a nice breeze up your back.

I personally thought the cuts of the jackets were a bit short.

Now when I had the off, the jacket slid up a bit and gave me a nice lil reminder of what the road can do to flesh. Thus confirming my thoughts the jackets are a bit short.

What do you all think?

2. the idea with these jackets is to have it zipped in to the daks so it doesn't do this. some jackets are shorter than others, but generally the sporty ones are designed to be zipped in so being short isn't really an issue.

there are a couple of things you can do about this tho, sew in a velcro or button up loop to the jacket so you can attache it to your belt. or maybe sew a zip onto a belt if you have a jacket that just zips at the back.

either that or get a dririder and stop worrying about looking cool :wink:

3. I've got an RJays jacket with a zip out lining that I wear during summer. It has a loop that you attach through the belt loops on your jeans.

I'm really happy with it.

4. A friend who custom makes leathers and clothes and stuff has offered to sew a zip into the back of my draggins.

Was just a general Q really.

The RJays loops sounds like a nifty idea.

5. I wear full leathers on long or cold rides for safety and comfort purposes only. If ya dont zip em they slide up in an accident like you found out. Mine sits longer down the back with a nice comfy back protector if I go for a slide.

6. If your gear fits snugly it shouldn't go anywhere when you go for a slide. The guy at Mars told me that the length is set for sitting on the bike, not standing up. I make sure I've done up the waist belt on my jacket if I'm riding any distance - that way it will stay where it should. Next time slide headfirst rather than feetfirst and it shouldn't be a problem :p

As for drafts up the back, never noticed it, but I ride a baby cruiser, so the whole ride is one big freezing draft.

7. umm.. well in theory if you are leaning over the bike... the jacket would need to be longer than what it would if you were mearly standing.

I hear you on the whole sliding head first thing.. i never would of broken my foot if I tried that!