Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spool Sliders for Lift?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Wallsy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mornin!

Having bought the new bike and lovin' every second, I've decided I should get of my arse and do something to prolong the feeling... maintenance!

So it's a Street Triple and I'm looking for a rear stand, leaning towards this one...

I'm trying to work out whether it's suitable or not, and some of the reviews mention needing spool sliders. Does anyone know if that's the case? A (very) quick search saw them coming in at 50 bucks odd, which seems like a rort!

Cheers for any info or other suggestions...
  2. you'll need swingarm spools, but getting ones that are actually sliders is a better bet. normal alloy spools may get ripped off in a crash (taking part of your swingarm with it).

gb racing make a great set of swingarm sliders/spools.
  3. Cheers Jimmy. I'm still not 100% on what these things do...

Am I right in saying that the only purpose the spools serve is to be able to get the bike up on a stand?

Is the idea behind the sliders the same as above, but also to protect the swingarm if/when it goes down?
  4. yeah the spools are just there to get the bike on the stand. the sliders just give the bike a bit better protection.

spools themselves are dirt cheap, like a couple of dollars at the most.