Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spokes, Who’s the Man?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by farawayman, Jan 19, 2006.

1. My significant other, has one of those Tri . . . um, err, Trumpie, you know Pommie bike, leeks on your boot, three cylinder things, Thunderbird that’s it. One of them.
    Well anyway after our last trip away and washing the thing, have you ever tried washing those things nooks and crannies everywhere and wheels, don’t get me started on those wheels, all those spokes to get in your way and then get around. My bikes only got three spokes to a wheel, easy to get around, easy to clean. And white, yep virgin white, easy to run a sponge over, people see ya coming, hell they even pull over to let you go by, never any troubles. Hang on I am digressing, well the up shot of it all, we found a broken spoke.

So any suggestions?
    You know, who’s the spoke man?
    Where do we go :?: :?:

2. I thought I had one for you, Dave, but when I rang up I found out he was already spoken for........
  3. Paul, this is a serious post and you have to spoil it with humor

Just takes my breath away
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. I didn't know they were Welsh boyo...

Get it fixed immediately...

You'l' find that once one goes, then they'll start going one after the other as the tension becomes uneven. Years ago on a trip with a mate on a Triumph Saint, his spokes started to go one by one in the middle of country NSW.

He got home only by taking the wheel off and relacing the spokes to redistribute the load evenly. :?

5. That I know. Any recommendations of who to take it to?
  6. Neway Wheel Repairs in Hiedelberg 9457 3141.

Col who runs the show is a pretty good bloke and they do top work.
  7. Thanks Urban will give him a ring tomorrow.