Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

*** SPOILER *** Superbikes - Misano

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by bobberaussiefan2, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Superbikes - Race 1

1 Bayliss (AUS)

2 Corser (AUS)

3 Kagayama

1 West (AUS)

2 Parkes (AUS)

3 Sofuoglu

Superbikes - Race 2

1 Bayliss (AUS)

2 Haga

3 Biaggi
  2. Race 1 certainly was avery entertaining race, right up until the time when Biaggi took himself and Haga out of the race and left Bayliss all on his own.

West never looked like being beaten and really is throwing eggs in the faces of everybody else in the Supersport circuit.
  3. Gotta love Biaggi....not :evil:

Loved it when Haga kicked Biaggis bike after the off :LOL:

Ozzie, Ozzie Ozzie :cool:
  4. I didn't watch the 2nd of the SBK race but I was spewing when Biaggi took at Haga in the first race. I'd like the man to win a championship before he calls it quits. It's good to see him on a competitive bike cos he's really good to watch and makes for good racing.

Westy was brilliant... creamed the lot of them. Hope he gets a good ride soon, but really needs to work on his PR though, but that might come with more success.
  5. Shamelessly stolen from the dead-set legends at www.superbikeplanet.com are the latest points standings:

1 James Toseland Hannspree Ten Kate Honda Team Honda CBR 1000RR 260
    2 Troy Bayliss Ducati Xerox Team Ducati 999 R 239
    3 Noriyuki Haga Yamaha Motor Italia Yamaha YZF R1 234
    4 Max Biaggi Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K7 217
    5 Troy Corser Yamaha Motor Italia Yamaha YZF R1 182
    6 Lorenzo Lanzi Ducati Xerox Team Ducati 999 R 133
    7 Ruben Xaus Team Sterilgarda Ducati 999 R 130
    8 Roberto Rolfo Hannspree Ten Kate Honda Team Honda CBR 1000RR 109
    9 Max Neukirchner Suzuki Germany Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K6 100
    10 Yukio Kagayama Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K6 89
    11 Regis Laconi Kawasaki PSG-1 Corse Kawasaki ZX 10R 76
    12 Michel Fabrizio D.F.X. Treme Honda CBR 1000RR 59
    13 Jakub Smrz Team Caracchi Ducati SC Ducati 999 R 53
    14 Fonsi Nieto Kawasaki PSG-1 Corse Kawasaki ZX 10R 50
    15 Joshua Kurt Brookes Alto Evolution Honda Honda CBR 1000RR 40

Bayliss doin' the double at Misano has catapulted him up the charts and we have achampoinship on our hands again. Not bad for an old bloke on an old bike!!
  6. Great job by Troy to take the double, not sure what is going on with Toseland though, just didn't even look like troubling the podium in either race. :?

Rumors on Westy is that he has been offered a ride in MotoGP (I would presume with Kawasaki seeings how he was testing with them after the last race) so he needs to decide what he wants to do. Not a bad record in world supersports though, three races, two wins (smashed them in both the wet and dry) and one third! :grin:
  7. the curse of Mrs Scumbag is upon Biaggi for doing that dumb move on Harga...... :twisted: :twisted:

am upset that James (girly sigh.....) couldnt consolidate a podium finish in either race.....obviously needs a massage

however, how cool is it to see the Aussies performing in Superbikes, Supersport & Motogp....awesome !!!
  8. Everyone seems impressed about Troy and annoyed at Biaggi, who did the same move, on either toseland or KAgyama i think, in the 2nd race.

BUT For me the highlight is the flogging that Westy is giving ALL the world supersport riders. I mean, the guy has been struggling for many years with no real ride, then replacing another Aussie on a Factory Yamaha R6, he comes out and gets 3rd, 1st, 1st (in the telecast races). Absolute champion imo. The replacement for Colin Edwards has arrived people!
  9. Now THAT I would like to see! :grin:
  10. I thought the biaggi crash was entertaining as hell , i feel sorry for haga but come on biaggi crashed on the EXACT corner Rossi was standing at watching! in one of the camera angles you actually see rossi standing there as they go down! , it wouldnt suprise me when motogp hits misano rossi makes a pass on that exact corner just to show up max!

And as great as it would be to see westy in MotoGP and the commentators commenting on paddock roumours of a GP ride for the rest of the season for him i think he should stick with the 600's for the rest of this season, it would be smarter for him to stick as a test rider in GP for this season, and to just race as a replacement rider if he gets that chance (chances are though if the ride is with the Kawa he will definitely get a chance to replace someone who is injured :p ) to get a hold on the bike and adjust to it and get it set up the way he likes it so he can be competitive out of the box next season and be a real contender! , then maybe we can be lucky and get to see 3 Aussies finally on the podium :grin: :grin:

And its great to see the Aussies dominating the sport again :D
  11. If Westy continues to perform on the 600s like he has so far. He might even pinch the championship :)

Then someone would have to take the guy seriously.