Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Spoiler] Stoner, Baylis, Pitt

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by D1300, Oct 6, 2008.

1. What a weekend of racing victories!

I know, I know, it's been said before..........everyone knows we're over represented in motorsport.

But fark me, what a weekend!

Just a very brief tribute, that's all.
  2. For a little country, we've produced some pretty handy riders over the years, haven't we?
  3. Yes we have Hornet.

The other thread went a bit off so I hoped that we could shift race talk to here in the interim. Just got back from a ride to find that it didn't work.......but back to topic....

If Rossi is back in form and Perdrosa, Lorenzo and even Hayden (rejuvenated on the Duke) are going to make life hard for Stoner in the GP. And Baylis is retiring leaving Corser on a new BMW, could be the the last year for a while that we see Aussies on top.

Back to supporting underdogs. :)
  4. Vaughan's was stirring the pot about Stoner, but as someone remarked it's way too early to declare him a spent force on the basis that someone may have 'psyched him out'. Yesterday's win was dominant Stoner yet again, and he's beaten Rossi plenty enough times to know that he can do it again. Besides, when it comes to psyching-out opponents, Rossi's only a beginner compared to Mick Doohan, or Alain Prost in F1.

The dearth is lower down; Suzuki seem to have learned nothing about GP bike development in 20 years, leaving Chris praying for rain, and Ant West is just saddled with a bike that doesn't go, doesn't stop and doesn't seem to be getting any better. Either of those guys on a Ducati-calibre bike would provide top-class competition for any other rider or team.
  5. Perhaps put
    in the title.
  6. Spolier added cejay, although in my defence, another thread had already spilled the beans.

7. Cool, I am just assuming that Pitty won the race? I was going to watch it tonight (and probably still will).
  8. Very sorry mate. :oops: