Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Splitting like a boss

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Empty One, May 21, 2013.

1. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum or has been posted before, but this guy is frikin awesome

2. It's not and it has
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Holy crap he does like 90Km/h and just keeps going
  4. This guy thinks his James Bond... I'm not impressed by his riding either. He cuts of at least another biker while crossing into a on ramp (he looks but doesn't see), if the other rider rode like him, they both would have had a crashed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thats my sphincter muscle workout for the day
  6. I'd love to know what he's rambling on about
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. To be honest I'm getting sick of these splitting videos. Firstly it's not that impressive. Secondly it encourages the mindset in non-riders, that motorcycles should be banned.

Mostly it annoys me, because the only people that are impressed by are the same people that shouldn't be trying it.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Does anyone understand the commentary?

it sounds entertaining but i have no idea what he is saying, it reminds me of bumble bee man from the simpsons

"Ay, ay, ay, no me gusta! Ay, Dios no me ama!"
  9. Looked all right to me. Couldn't see where it was but the captions looked Portugese to me so maybe Brazil? Regardless, although the guy with the camera was going faster than the other riders, he wasn't going that much faster. Given that craziness is relative and context specific, I'm inclined to say "meh".

And he was nowhere near the only bike at an on-ramp that I clocked.
  10. This is one crazy rider. I'm wondering if he Is still alive, and riding?

I think I'd seen some of his crazy Video splitting in the streets of Rio or Sao Paolo.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You think going 100km/h past stationary cars is all right???

He was nowhere near that bike on the on-ramp because the rider saw him coming and slowed because he was riding to the conditions. Had he been stupidly bombing along like the guy in the vid, they both wouldn't have made it home in time to watch Neighbours.
  12. How long have you been riding for?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You really want to get into this? By this question you also condone filtering at 100km/h?
  14. Answer the question please.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Yeah he is going pretty quick, but he does seem to be highly skilled, yeah its dangerous but he is only going to hurt himself if he runs up the back of someone. Not something i would do, but also not the end of the world.

Lol at the newbie getting up in arms about it, hows that l plate going bro?

16. lol, I have people like you on my ignore list on other forums.

Lets see, how does my experience make this guy riding at 100km/h in stationary traffic any different? I bet no one believe's it's safe or a good long term riding attitude on this site.

As for my riding experience. How many hours of riding do you actually have? Time means nothing experience wise, you may have simply been doing the 15 minute commute twice a day five times a week, sitting at the lights half the time.
    I used to get paid to ride dirt bike full time on a NT cattle station near the gulf, so while my road experience is low, I have plenty of experience riding along narrow tracks as wide as your shoulders with scrub either side, and the odd Bull/cow/pig sitting on the track. Often you find yourself going too fast when you get confident until you get more experienced, ie fall off.

So go ahead, assume what you like about me, but until you have met me face to face, you are bound to be wrong.
  17. A qualified yes.

I see no evidence whatsoever of your assertions regarding the other rider or their actions. However, I can't be arsed to watch the vid again because I'm neither shocked nor especially impressed.

Dunno about condone, but having done it, on occasion (at least once in the company and at the direction of a Police Officer), I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I got all up in arms about it.

So that'd be near zero applicable experience then. Tell yer wot. You keep your opinions on road riding to yourself until you've learned a bit and I won't tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing on the dirt.
  18. #18 Bjpitt, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    What's your experience in riding tight trails on a cattle station? How can you conclude they are both mutually exclusive skill set wise?

Or should I just put BMW S1000RR in my sig to avoid dills jumping on my back?
  19. I bet you get loads of tailbacks up in the NT eh mate? must keep those filtering skills sharp. lol...For you even riding within 50 meters of a car is going to be a life threatening situation, so i can understand why you would be worried about this rider however.

1. there is actually a lot of room between cars in traffic jams unless your in tight city streets
    2. yeah he is going quick but he can clearly read the road and traffic very well, if anything had happened to him, like someone pulling out, yeah he would be stuffed, but he would be pretty stuffed even if he was just going 20kph
    3. he is in sao paulo, a city with 22 million residents that is just one huge sprawl, crawling along at 2kph is not going to save you enough time to make it worth doing when you have a 20k long jam. If you can afford it, you fly a helicopter in sp, thats how bad the traffic is.

Oh god. yes mate, dirt and road are the same thing. are you christian? you should consider converting because you wont be lasting long with an attitude like that.
  20. I can ask almost exactly the same question. What's your experience in making rapid progress in heavy traffic? How can you conclude they are not both mutually exclusive skill set wise?

But the difference between you and me is that I'm not the one telling someone else that something that they've done and I haven't is unacceptably dangerous, based on a perceived or assumed but not necessarily real overlap in skill sets. There may be some overlap but I wouldn't dream of assuming that it makes me qualified to comment in any way on riding narrow cattle trails. Indeed, to follow that train of thought further, many things that seasoned dirt riders do scare the crap out of me. However, I recognise that it's a gut reaction based on my very limited dirt experience and rather more extensive experience on snow, ice, and generally crap covered roads. I don't assume that because it makes me twitch a bit that it's inherently dangerous for a rider with the appropriate experience.