Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spit Bridge - Bad road repair

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by GingerSnap, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Was at spit bridge today, after heading back towards the city (theres a load of fun bendy turns where the advised speed limit is 35k), left hand lane, really bad road repair around the corners. I was stuck in the lane, and considering they are sharp corners for a learner, it's a very very very bumpy ride. Lots of new potholes too. The road needs evening out badly.

2. You mean the s-bends at the top of the hill?

I really hate that lane. It's awful, someone will get killed one day.

till then, just stick to the right of that lane and you'll be sweet, i go through there every day (at speed no doubt) and that's what i do! :D

Thanks for looking out for us!
  3. Just noticed coming through here today.

Inside lane where these dodgey repairs are, there's a pothole about 1m in diameter.

I'm sure riders already know to be careful through there, but it's pretty much a blind spot where it is and you wouldn't see it until it was too late.

Careful lads.
  4. It's sufficiently bad that my parents managed to write off one of the wheels on their Subaru this evening....not good to hit them on a bike!
  5. Farrr out!!! I saw a cab go through it, slam the anchors on something awful when he saw it. I usually take that lane as well, luckily only rode the bike to work and not for my other stuff i do in the evening today and was in the middle lane.

Scary shit.