Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spinal Injury Organisation - "insurance"

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by ~DadAgain~, May 24, 2008.

1. I remember reading not so long ago a thread that mentioned some non-profit organistion who are focused on spinal injuries and offer a yearly membership (it was around $30?) which entitles you to assistance in the horrific event of it all going completely pear shaped... I think when I looked they were talking about $100k of cover - Certainly not enough, but it was marketed as a quick and 'easy to access' emergency fund good enough to tide you over until the big nasty insurance companies have poured over the paperwork and finaly worked out they cant avoid a big payout to keep you good for the rest of life!

Anyway - I figured its a good thing to do (good to support the organisation ANYWAY regardless of the 'insurance' benefit of membership!) - BUT I cant for the life of me find the thread, or the website for that organisation.

I'm hoping someone here can help me out and tell me who to give my money to! (Time to act now since tomorow is my first day actually out on 2 wheels!)
  2. It was something like Paraplegic Support??? I think you saw it on a different forum, you forum-junkie!! :grin:
  3. You pair of forum junkies
  4. Who me?? Never! :LOL:

Now, that CookeeTree, well, he's just a forum slut, don't you think! :wink:
  5. The Paraplegic and Quadriplegic Association (ParaQuad) may have something like that. I supported the Victorian branch for many years, but then they became far too commercial for me in the way they raised money. Too much money went to the telemarketers they hired, so I stopped.

Anyway, this seems to be the NSW branch: http://www.paraquad.org.au but there must still be branches around Australia. Even if they don't offer it, you should ask them about it. :grin: