Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spidi Jeans

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Sitting Bull, Oct 11, 2012.

1. I'm thinking of purchasing a pair of Spidi kevlar jeans. They look to be a quality product with fairly reasonable protection.
    Anyone got any or had the opportunity to inspect them?

2. Are they the stretch ones? There are two J&K kevlar jeans from Spidi on the website. The stretch ones only have kevlar on the arse I think, whilst the pro ones are fully lined with kevlar. Both these are men's jeans though and I can't fnd any current unisex jeans, perhaps yours' are an old model.
    I like these ones,
    I heard they are quite long which is probably a good thing. My current normal jeans ride up a bit when I'm on the bike. Someone reckoned the knee protectors were too low even when adjusted to the fully high position, this could be a problem I guess if you order the wrong size. I have been advised by Spidi and a retailer to order the same size as my Levis jeans.
  3. I personally went Alpinestars Axiom jeans and seperate knox strap on armour.

-They fit fairly slim
    -There is plenty of info about sizing online
    -They're cheap (around 115+shipping from FC Moto)
    -Well known brand, seen a couple of people who have crashed them and they held up well

-They only have kevlar on the butt and knees (which suits me because fully lined would be too hot for Brisbane)

The sizing of motorcycle jeans varies like crazy, I didn't want to spend too much buying online for this reason. If you want something substantial and are happy to pay a bit more I suggest you get draggin jeans from Motorcycle Race Gear instead.

As far as armour on jeans go I don't really trust it to stay in place when you need it which is why I use seperate strap on armour.. unless they are very slim fit then it might be OK.
    • Like Like x 1