Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Speedo stuck on 99999

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Rapson, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Firstly bike is 2006 Suzuki GSX750F.

I have just clocked the odo and now it is stuck on 99999. Anyone know of a fix to get it counting again?

2. A known Suzuki issue. Instrument panel repairers can often roll it over to 00000 again.

3. Just doing some digging into the ADR's and can you believe that it is a requirement that the odometers only have to read to 99999! Cars have to read to 999999!

Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 18/00 –
    Instrumentation) 2006

18.5.2.2. Every vehicle of category LC and LD (motorbikes) shall be fitted with an odometer
    which shall:
    18.5.2.2.1. indicate distance travelled in one kilometre units from I to 99,999
    kilometres and

4. That ADR doesn't mean it should not click over to 00000!

5. Strictly speaking, I think that legislation actually means they must have it read only up to 99999, as it says "X to Z" (rather than somethign to the effect of "at least").

So, if I'm reading it right, manufacturers' hands are in fact tied by the rules.