Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Speeding ticket - can I get out of it?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Mario Mendoza, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, to cut a long story short...

I got pinged on the way to work this morning. 15k's over the limit.

OK, i know i was speeding and I should, and generally do, cop it sweet. Do the crime, do the time kinda attitude.

Anyhow, my question relates to the actual infringement notice that I was handed on the spot.
    The cops pen appeared to be faulty and they must not have had a second pen, because the information on the white copy that I have is mostly un-readable. You geniunely cannot make out 80% of what is actually written, as it is more like an imprint (spelling) as opposed to any actual ink making its way to the paper. And even then, it cannot be read.

Short and sweet... just after some opinions on any options i may have of avoiding payment from here, and most importantly keeping the points.

Thanks.

2. Nice Try :LOL:
    The original may have nice clear legible ink (you probably didn't see that copy) and triplicate will have nice clear carbon writing and just because you can't read your copy, doesn't mean it's not enforceable.

Pay up, or elect to have it heard.

3. Sounds like a pay up then ay.

4. better safe than sorry eh?? :wink:

...some people just have all the luck.

5. BigLaugh. @ OP

If you don't want to pay it, don't!!

It will be at least a coupla years before the Sheriffs come to take your shit.

Hammer3.

6. Actually, nothing wrong with trying a dispute.

I had one here in adelaide a few years ago that evven after I had paid it, was sent a letter and given a refund because an internal audit process found an error on the ticket making it null and void by south australian standards.

With any luck, illegible counts as an error. Try calling Mark from lawstop and see what he has to say.

mark@lawstop.com.au

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.