Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Speed Triple difference between 2011-12-13 models?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Shori, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

Just had a few q’s before I go ahead and buy another Speedy sometime soon. I have a few ideas in mind to customise it and want to be sure that I’m able to the things I want to do on it.

There is a 2012 speed triple w/t ABS I’m interested in:
    - Is there any difference between 2011, 2012 and 2013 Speed Triple ABS models
    - I have read quite a few threads on the Triumphrat forum on replacing the new head lights with the old round ones. Just want to confirm if anyone has knowledge of that I won’t have a problem putting on the round head lights on a 2012 Speed Triple model.

I have this in mind, but not exactly like this - http://thebikeshed.cc/2013/09/25/vinces-speed-triple-cafe/

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. No real difference, but to be honest unless you're going to be doing a lot of loaded up touring or two up riding, look at the Street Triple R - its a far better bike, and it best in class and then some, the Speed Triple is outclassed by many litre nakeds these days.

I had a new 2012 Speed Triple, after 2 Street Triples - biggest mistake ever!!
  3. I'm 6'' and my partner is 5'10. Also, she is a pillion most of the time I ride. I had a 2010 Speed Triple before and was happy with it. Anyways, I'm happy w/t the power it delivers compared to other 1000cc bikes and I think it forms a good base for what I'm after. Which is a retro style bike with modern day engineering/ technology. Actually, I'm a Triumph Fan...

I was considering a Street Triple, but I just find it too skinny now that my previous 2 bikes were a 1000cc. But, I do understand your point about what Street Triple R offers compared to a base Speed Triple...