Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

speed babeeeeeeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, May 3, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

If only it was true :(

Not bad effort for a 4 yeat old Billion 5100 ADSL modem ;)
  2. Why isn't it true? It seems on par with the ones I see on a few American sites - faster than some, slower than a lot of them...
  3. You know, I used to be pretty happy with mine, until I saw this:

4. [​IMG]

So is that good then?

I get 60gig a month at these speeds, so Im pretty happy about it.
  5. [​IMG]

At least I get good upload speeds
  6. You need a tune up Vic. Perhaps a turbo or super charger?

But I am usually restricted to 16 Mbps, because I use an old router that maxes out at that speed. Still, it's good to download at 2 MB/s. :grin:
  7. You called?? :grin:
  8. [​IMG]

Welcome to Bacchus Marsh! :LOL:
  9. I didn't think the Billion 5100 was ADSL2 compatible?
  10. Welcome to Coff's Hinterland and wireless BB

11. [​IMG]

Want to see Abysmal??? I'm supposedly on 'the fastest' cable extreme broadband with Telstra. What a fcuking JOKE!
  12. [​IMG]

Must be off tonight, I normally sync at the full 8mb and 380kb upload.
  13. Wow! That's a lot of gay p0rn!
  14. optus cable, a bit slow on a sat night but 14ms ping time says almost no lag :)

15. We can only get ADSL1 out in the bush... but the thicker lines mean that even at 6kms from the exchange I can still get a reasonable speed and a stable connection.

Not ADSL2 mind you, but 3+ times better than 1.5 is still 3+ times better :)

16. [​IMG]

seems a bit slow for what I am supposed to get.. :(
  17. slightly better result from my wired pc (last one was the wireless laptop on the lounge)

test result on http://ozspeedtest.com is a better result on download

Mirror: OptusNet
    Data: 3 MB
    Test Time: 2.09 secs

Your line speed is 11.7 Mbps (11698 kbps).
    Your download speed is 1.43 MB/s (1462 KB/s).

You uploaded 206 KB bytes in 8 seconds.

kbps: 211
    KB/s: 26.38
    Mbps: 0.21

weird though just tested using "recommended server :

18. Can any of you super duper IT dudes tell me why my speed is so absolutely shite??? I pay $100 a month for 'Cable Extreme' 25gig download. My little computer icon on my desktop tells me I'm consistently pulling 54Mbps yet this speedtest has me running slower than a guy in Coffs Harbour??!!

19. your latency seems very high at 300+ms. Are you using any wireless cards in your computer? how do you hook up to your cable modem? there could be a number of reasons for slow speeds, so give us a rundown on what your whole connection and details of your computer etc..

20. So I'm just a guy in Coffs Harbour now :cry: :LOL:

Um well maybe I shouldn't tell you that, I'm only paying $55 a month for unlimited download as well. :p