Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spectacular customer service from RoadSack

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by zenali, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I'm not shy about letting people know if I've had bad customer service, but it goes both ways. I'm happy to be able to write about one of the best customer service experiences I've had - not just as far as bikes go, but ever.

I got myself a RoadSack backpack after I saw Guy's one that he won here on Netrider. I think I even posted up a bit of a review, or added to somebody else's review thread. All up I was happy with the backpack, with only a couple of minor niggles detracting from what is otherwise a well designed product. (The shoulder straps constantly slid out to their maximum length, for instance.)

Then the other day the stitching on the chest strap let go, which meant that the pack didn't feel as snug and secure anymore when I was riding. I emailed the guys at RoadSack to let them know, and listed the other issues that would have prevented me from buying another one.

Within 20 minutes I had an email back saying that the stitching on the chest strap shouldn't have let go, and they'd be happy to replace the backpack for me - with extra stitching on the chest strap to prevent a repeat performance. They also said that the shoulder strap issue was a problem with one batch of packs, which they'd since rectified. They put an extra line of stitching there for me too, to stop the straps from sliding past a certain point.

Within a week I had a new pack in the mail. I hadn't asked for one, they just offered to send me a new pack with customisations so that I'd be happy with their product, and thanked me for the honest feedback.

You can't do much better than that.
  2. That is honestly a very good case of customer service, more so did they even ask you to return the faulty one?
  3. They didn't ask me for anything, except whether I'd like a replacement if they addressed the issues I had with the original. I didn't demand a refund or a replacement or throw a hissy-fit. They offered a replacement because they want to make a good product and if there is a problem they want to fix it. That's what I took away from it, anyway.
  4. Can’t really ask for more than that.
  5. Any manufacturer that backs their product to this extent deserves as much publicity and support as you can provide.
    Top marks to them.
  6. Bastards shouldnt be letting faulty products out into the public in the first place! :bolt: