Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Specific Question about Highway Vibes

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Daniel31415, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Hi guys. I'm off my P's, coming off a GS500F and want to get a 600cc supersport bike.

My question is what will the vibes be like on a 600 supersport at freeway speed compared to the gs? I often ride longish stints on highways to get to good riding roads and it used to always make my hands numb on the parallel twin after about an 45 mins. Im assuming that the I-4 will be much better, but I've heard many complaints that 600's are a bit "buzzy" at freeway speeds. I know the best way to find out is a test ride, but I dont want to spend most of the test riding on the freeway trying to make myself uncomfortable.

For the sake of completeness, I'll add that I'll be using it mostly for fun with some commuting (I will have a car for that if the bike starts feeling like a chore) and perhaps some track lessons / track days. I'll be buying used and trying to keep it under $9k.