Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sparky Appeal

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by FormerUser2, Apr 26, 2005.

1. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

2. Might be a good idea.
    Here's another thought. we used to do a thing at work here. Everyweek, everyone gave $5 then if somebody got slugged with an unexpected bill, they made a case and could get the money.

Perhaps netriders should start a rider down fund. Everyone donate a weekly sum (on a monthly or annual basis) and then if anyone has an accident as serious as Brokey's or Sparky's, in effect, a collection has already been taken and money is available immediately.

Of course not mandatory and no pressure to donate. Some might like the idea, others hate it. It was the same case at work. Many liked it, many hated it and didn't want a part of it. Each to their own.
  3. Count me in .

short short short
  4. Sounds like a pretty good idea. You could have someone collect at coffee nights as well. all to go to a central account.
  5. im in, everyone needs a hand at some stage
  6. Hello Everybody,

I am off the bike for a week due to family commitments, and absolute carnage erupts!!! I always miss the good stuff :?
    I met Sparky at coffe night and he seemed like a great bloke and it is a shame about his bike.

I will be more than happy to toss in a few buck at coffee night if I can get there this weekend.

Ride safe people.
  7. Go to the donations page
    and put "SPARKY" in the discription :)
  8. Dunno why you'd be expecting flak. He is a well known and liked member of both Netrider and OzFirestorm, and he was on an OzFirestorm ride.

Where would the problem lie exactly?
  9. Excellent idea.
  10. Martyh mate you will recieve no crap from us at OZFS the fact that Sparky/Andy is a member of both forums only make it a bigger pool :)
    And as I am yet to create any banking stuph for OZFS the Netrider account is the best was to go...thanks admins :wink:
    So folks if you are able then fantastic if not your thoughts are plenty of fuel for the recovery fire 8)
  11. I think you're confusing this with newsgroup cross-posting, which is very much frowned upon.
  12. I went and saw sparky (andy) today
    as much as he is touched by every ones generosity , he said not to worry about him , but to worry about Col .
    Andy explained that wages , and work etc is all covered (i wont go into details ) but due to cols condition and seriousness and the daily problems they would be going through that its better they concentrate on Col.
    he said , even though he has 2 broken ankles that he is not a serrious off and he will be up and running , i reassured him that the firestorm blokes and netriders would pop in and check up on him , and if there is something we as a site can do kira has my number , but he doesnt want people to chip in for him , but put it too cols family .

this just goes to show the character of the man in my opinion .
  13. Yes, that's right.
  14. I never thought I would live long enough to see the words "reason" and "Marty" in the same context without a negatiing term.... :LOL: :LOL:

Glen, my opinion is we do for Sparky as we did for Col, and let Sparky decide what to do with it.

You guys are going to have to stop having offs - it's sending me broke :shock: :LOL: