Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spark Plug Help

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by conspiracytheorist, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Just had a thought.. Bike is acting up a bit and was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.

On the zzr250 should the spark plug connector fit flush against the housing or is it slightly loosened, not quite flush? Has anyone had problems with them not being in properly? eg. missing and medium/higher revvs

2. I don't know the specifics of that bike, mate, but in general the cap should be snapped on tightly to the top of the plug, otherwise the spark can 'arc' across to an easier path like the metal of the head nearby. That WILL cause a miss......

3. Mmmm thats what I was thinking. But its confusing as the problem started happening, then took plugs out to check/replace, at which point it took effort to get the caps off.

4. Its possible you now have a fractiured plug lead.

Clean the plugs up and re-gap them.

If its missing all the time remove each lead one at a time and start the engine after each one. If one lead doesnt make it run worse you have found the faulty one.
    Not sure how much of a pain this is on a ZZR 2fiddy.
  5. Hey Phizz best indication Generaly any way of a lead thats faulty or fractured or plug cracked etc !! is that if the bike is reving without load ie: labouring the miss will be non apparent . However if you try accelerating while the bike is labouring the bike will miss fire etc
    cheers Bob