Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spanner night #15 - cam chain adjustment & miscellaneous

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Loz, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Thought I'd do a proper thread for tomorrow night's spanner-up.

QuarterWit (Marlon) will be adjusting tappets and camchain on his SR400 - which he reckons will run with the valve operation visible, so it should be a fascinating thing to watch.

IsleOfCam (Cam) will be fitting heated handgrips to his CBR1100XX, and bleeding the one *billion* brake lines in the Honda dual combined brake system. Come along to see why I keep bagging this system on the forums! :grin:

BanditR1 (Mars) will be bringing her stuntbike down to adjust the camchain if we have time. I reckon we will. Fingers crossed.

Venue is my place in Yarraville, PM for address if you need it. All are welcome and we hope it's a good learning experience for everyone.

I just need to sort out some more lighting. Oh, and dress warm, my shed and carport can be pretty damn cold.
  2. i might come by just so you guys can marvel at the worlds dodgiest, ugliest home made exhaust backet.
  3. Cool. I just got my new NR hoodie... I'll get a chance to put it through its paces!

I have a small portable 240V fluro light that I can bring along if needed.

4. Looking forward to taking a squiz at the beast Ben.

Yeah Rob bring that light along, that'd be great.
  5. What time's it starting Loz?
    I might try and make it down to this one, sounds like it should be interesting.
  6. 7pm as usual.
  7. It'd be good to see you there JD.

Looking forward to it.
  8. Excellent, fair chance I'll be able to make it then.
    Almost worth the trip just to check out the SR ;).
  9. Ha, underneath the mud and grime there's a nice bike hiding there. Just finished doing the shocks, front forks, putting a steering damper on, put on a new aluminium swingarm and other bits and peices so she's handling muchas better....

But the SR is good practice to do valves and camchains on, takes seconds to take the seat etc off and everything is right in front of you. It's also interesting to run the bike without the valve covers so you can watch the lubrication etc.

slickncghia, I love bodge jobs, bring it along. Is it the muffler that's bodgey, or the header?
  10. oh everything is bodgy mate... but specifically my awesome middle of the night exhaust/can bracket...though it held up ok today.

ill try and make it, just ordered a new headlight unit too off egay thats slighly less dull than the current fugly piece of crap.
  11. I'm not sure if I'm in or out at this stage. Either way feel free to grab the twin 500w halogens on the stand from my house.
  12. Re: Spanner night #15 - cam chain adjustment & miscellan

After today I think I will be joing you Loz. Why do you need so many brake lines? God help me if I ever change them over to braided lines. Could be very expensive.
  13. Hey Cam. Heated grips? You big wuss! Still now I know who's hand to hold during stops at the Icicle Ride.

Does this mean they finally got your clutch fixed?
  14. Only a select few are allowed to hold my hands. And sorry you miss out on the first selection criteria.

Yep bike is back- new clutch
    new tyres
    new front brakes
  15. Re: Spanner night #15 - cam chain adjustment & miscellan

If you have a workshop manual they are a piece of piss to do...you just have to bleed them in the correct order...
  16. Yes they may be a piece of piss. But there is 6 of them to do instead of 3.
  17. Dammit, can't come this week either - my friend is gunna be on Rockwiz and they'e filming it at the Espy :grin:
    Ahhh okay... NEXT one!
  18. Darn it!... I have an appointment the other side of the city so prob wont be able to make it :cry:
  19. I'd like to see the work on the CBR1100XX, so I'll try to make it along.

What brand of heated handgrips are we talking about by the way?

PM (about to be) sent Loz.
  20. geez everyones piking...must be the rain....hmm origin is on