Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spanking new rice-burner!

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by JR Bronco, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hi,

as I promised in my introductory message - https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=129558#.T0oSQ3neKHs - I'm opening this thread to showcase my brand new FZ6R: man, what a feeling!!!!

Only extras are oggy knobbs (an expensive lesson from past mistakes) and a tank pad. I might fit a pair of rear stand knobs, what product do you reckon I should take?

After a great deal of thought, I chose not to derestrict the sucker, because I don't wanna ride knowing that I might get nabbed, (yamaha won't do it for me anyway) and since the process is not reversible apparently, I'd be in for a big hit on the resale value. And the power output is still decent for a LAMS.

So I'll just wait it out until I get the P-plates off my ass and get a 1000cc.

In the meantime, let's roll!!!

Attached Files:

2. Shit, anyway I can upload other pics? Looks like I smashed the 48KB limit...

3. welcome to NR and nice bike!!

4. Nice bike... You'll want it de-restricted in no time.

5. Yeah I thought about it but I'm resisting the temptation for now.
    It might do it if there is some way I can revert it back to LAMS specs but that seems quite unlikely.
    Got any further tips, Rolkus?

Thanks for your comments

6. I took one of these up to the snowies as a restricted a couple months ago, for a Learner legal they are bloody brilliant for them, can really get it leaned over and the dual brakes are great, 1000cc sounds nice but its not what you need , get the Fz6r unrestricted after and you'll be sitting on a brand new bike, throw 50,000 km on her and then jump onto a new bike, be a shame letting that bike go to waste, with just learner time on it. it has so much potential.

happy riding man,

7. Sounds good, but I've been riding an unrestricted ER-6n while I was on my international licence! If I (legally) derestrict the FZ6R, I'm afraid it will turn out to be a very similar bike in terms of performance and torque, so I still wanna have a go at a 1000cc (either a Honda CB1000R, Kawasaki Z1000SX, Yamaha FZ1, Triumph Speed Triple) and see for myself if it's too much power.

Thanks for the reco, though!

Happy riding