Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spam via SMS?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by NiteKreeper, Oct 4, 2012.

1. I've just started receiving this crap on my phone in the last week - first was this:
    And last night this (they always arrive in the middle of the night...):
    Now I agree that "Hassan" doesn't sound very Nigerian, but I'm still a bit wary of that one.
    But what's really pissing me off is that I can't claim my million pounds because that's not a valid email address!

Seriously, anyone else just started getting this crap? I can't think of anything "new" I've given up my number to recently...

2. Google your phone number and see if it comes up with anything, it might give you a clue.

3. I've started getting spam on the mobile telling me I've won 10 million pounds in a UK lottery.

Wouldn't normally care, except they come at 3am.

4. I keep getting spam as well, usually from someone named Tweetster :rofl:

5. Or stop writing it on the walls of public bathrooms :p

6. See I thought of that, but my number has been on those walls for years - why start harrassing me now, and more's the point: why haven't I had any takers?

7. None of your Nigerian scam SMS's, but I'm getting random crap from 'Minipoll', can't work out who they are or how to get them to f*ck off.

8. Maybe one of those bathrooms has been taken over by a financial firm - and they've misinterpreted what you meant by "looking to receive a large wad".....

9. ...yeah, yeah!.... you might like to reply to some of 'em now and again!.... [-(