Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

spada wont idling

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by rabsmarshall, May 27, 2009.

1. I have just recently done a really dumb thing. After taking off from the supermarket I forgot to turn the tank switch on and as a consequence the bike came to a spluttering holt. Now, i turned the switch to on and after a few attempts got the bike started again. The next day, I went to start my bike (turned the tank switch to on) and now the bike wont idle. there is gas in the tank and she is trying to start but cause she just wont idle it keeps stalling. can anyone give me a suggestion as to what i should do?

cheers..

2. There are many bikes out there.

Which one is yours?

Aslo, there are many serivce histories out there.

What's yours like?

3. its an 89 honda spada.

4. Blockage in the fuel line? I know the same cause (running the fuel low) with the same symptom (spluttering/low fuel flow) in a car is often because running the fuel low picked up sediment, which gets into the fuel lines and has to work its way through.
    For my car, putting a lot of that cleaner stuff from the servo in the tank sorted it out.
    A Q for someone more experienced with bikes - given it's gravity-fed is the uptake of sediment anywhere as likely? If so is it ok to run those additives?