Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spada "Speed" Light

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by journeyman, Mar 11, 2005.

1. The "speed" light on my Spada illuminates at ~85km/h in top which for a bike capable of almost twice that doesn't seem particularly speedy to me - is this consistent with the other Spadas ridden by people here?

2. Mine doesn't work. If it did, I'd pull the fscker out anyway.
    I read somewhere that it's there because most roads in Japan have a limit of 80kph or something.

3. My speed light comes on at different speeds when I'm in different gears, I had it flash on at 35kph the other day...

I just ignore it. Better for everybody.

4. Mine comes on at about 83kph indicated.

Not particularly useful unless I flatten down to have the red light relect menacingly of my gloss black helmet.

Nah, thats just sad :LOL:

5. Yep, mine does that. I just ignore it.

6. I had a bit of a look the other day, and I think mine doesn't have the bulb in there to begin with, someone else has ripped it out.
    Saved me doing it.

7. Except the first time when I noticed it, put me through some stress (as I didn't know what it was, thought it was oil or something).

I now ignore it totally.....yeah, it comes on annoyingly at way below the high way speed of 100km....yeah, 80kms sounds about right.

8. The light is only a problem at night, it REALLY glows brightly.