Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spada Problems

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bass_player, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Ok I am going to look at a Spada tomorrow morning. Are there any model specific problems I should be aware of or any things other than the obvious I should keep an eye out for? Thanks for your help.

2. As much as I hate posting below Kaer (see his sig?) I have to wholeheartedly agree with him. The Spada is solid as. Just look for anything obvious, serious scratches, dent etc. or anything that might be held on with cableties or gaff tape...

BUY it!!!! Buy IT!!!!
  3. Check the life left in consumables (chain tyres etc) and use that to bargain with. I researched pretty hard when I bought my Spada and nobody told me of any issues. Only thing I would like to mention is the tank size.... not great. Fuel stops 'a plenty.
  4. Isn't the Spada a predecessor of the current VTR250? I really like the shape of the VTR but didn't get many positive comments about it from people I spoke to. Everyone seems to think that I'd be better off spending money on a Hornet of Bandit 250.
  5. Yep the Spada had an alloy frame which made it too expensive - the VTR is similar but with a cheaper steel frame. The Hornet and Bandit are 4 cylinder bikes so they have more go than the V-twin VTR - really depends on what you want the bike for and how long you plan on keeping it.