Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spada owners past and present advice please...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Chucks, May 26, 2006.

1. Hi All,

Took a very quick look at a Spada after work today, and one thing I noticed on what was otherwise a very nice bike was that the light switch is broken.

The owner tells me this is because due to old Australian compliance laws Australian bikes had to always have the headlight on when running and the toggle for the switch was removed then.

Two questions, firstly is that a load of crap or actually what used to happen? and second where is the high beam switch on a Spada? is it somewhere else or is it part of the same switch that's broken?

2. OK, so forgiving my excessive ignorance and noobiness (this is potentially my first bike) the thumb switch on the right side of the handlebars below the kill switch just turns the lights on & off, but the switch above the blinkers on the left side is the high/low beam. Yes?
  3. Got it right in one.

On/off switch on the right side of handlebar, just above the starter button, below the kill switch.

High beam/low beam on the left above the blinker switch.

Clear as mud!!

Have nfi about things being taped over though, as mine is an import.
  4. I didn't see any tape either, just that the knob on the on/off switch was busted off.

Anyway now I know it's not an issue.

Thanks very much for the helpful replies.