Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spada keeps stalling

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by bass_player, Jun 8, 2006.

1. No not because of lack of clutch control :roll:

Each morning I make the trek into the city (30kms) for work. Lately the Spada has been stalling when I pull the clutch in, back off the throttle or hit neutral. I keep having to keep the revs at like 5-6 grand to keep her going.

I warm her up and she rides fine until I take the freeway (100km/h). The end of that is downhill coasting. When I get off and the speed limit is back to 60km/h she just stalls and rides very sluggish.

Anyone know what could be the problem. I was thinking a fuel blockage but the fact that it only happens after doing 100km/h coasting down a hill makes me think it could be something entirely different.
  2. Could be a heap of things, but most likely associated with the fuelling/carbs.

Take off the air cleaner and check to see that the choke butterflys are operating properly when it's used. Maybe they aren't returning properly.

While it's off check to see what sort of condition the air cleaner is in.

It could also be a dodgy pilot screw setting on the carbs, if you have access to a manual for the spada or vt250 use that. It could also be other settings on the carb, but it's unlikely you have any blocked jets/fuel lines if you haven't noticed a performance change.

Lastly, does increasing the idle speed have any effect?
  3. Have you been able to find the problem yet? Because it sounds very similar to the problems I was having with my across, it turns out the timing was way out.
  4. There could be some dirt or water in the carb's float chamber. Try draining/flushing the chamber. Check if your bike has a drain plug under the float chamber. and start for there.
  5. Try checking the oil level. If it is over full there may be fuel in your sump. The bike may seem fine at first on these cold days but when the engine heats up it will run super rich!
  6. We had this prob on 1 of the 250's turned out to be the regulator rectifier.