Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spada Brake Light

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by bass_player, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Anyone know the part number or size of the brake light in a Spada? Cheers

2. You mean the globe? Pull the old one out and have a look. (or take it into somewhere like supercheap or repco)
    Most bike lights are just standard automotive globes, and the power rating should be printed or stamped on the metal base of the globe.
  3. Yeah I don't pick the bike up till tomorrow and I don't fancy riding home with no brake lights. Ill try my local bike store and buy a generic one and hopefully that will work. Cheers
  4. Most bikes use a single two filament globe for brake/tail lights.

It's probably a standard two-filament bayonet globe with something like 5/10 watts or 10/15 watts.

Are you sure its just the globe?
  5. yeah im pretty sure. the light didn't come on for both back and front brakes. If it came on for one and not the other it would be a different story.
  6. When I go down for lunch, I'll check what the size on the Spada's brake light is.

If you go into any Honda spares store, they'll have the microfilm on file, so will be able to tell you the exact part no.

VTR250 parts are interchangeable as well.
  7. Seconded, the rating is 5/21W though.
    5W for tail/ 21W for brake.
    Being a Honda though...who knows exactly, they often have slightly-offset pins to the generic stuff, so only Honda-globes fit. At 3 times the price, of course.