Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spada air filter and exhaust.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Lloyd, Feb 22, 2005.

1. I haven't even picked it up and I'm wanting to modify the bloody thing.
    Anyway, 1989 Honda Spada, I'm told the engine is the same as a VTR 250, yeah?
    Going off that logic, can I grab, say, a K and N filter like this one and it'll fit right on? The application chart says it fits 1989 VTRs.
    Also, Staintune make a VTR muffler, here's a piccie, is that able to be stuck straight on?

Of course, doing this stuff requires re-jetting and stuff - can the stock Spada carby provide enough fuel or should I just leave the whole thing?
    Yes, it'll be dyno tuned.
  2. changing air filters is debatable - some bikes perform just as well with the stock one. you'll have to find out specifically if the air filter is the same size; same engine doesnt necessarily mean it will.

same deal with the muffler.. although if the inlet is the same size, you could probably hack anything on.

yes it will need jetting. the stock carby can provide enough fuel - you have to change the jets to allow the engine to suck in more/less fuel to suit the mods
  3. Thanks for that, I reckon I'll get a different air filter anyway, exhaust, well, I found one for a VTR on the Staintune site for $650. My brother can make one for about $70, so I'll try that one first.
    Be nice if there was more than one bike dyno here.
  4. Hey Lloyd, old buddy old pal :wink:

If I could find a way to do it, I'd like to get more fuel capacity, could your brother make up a new fuel tank? The Acroos tank is under the seat you see.

I'm not sure it could even be done, but I'd like to try.

12 litres just isn't enough :?

5. I can ask him.
    And the Spada is just 11 litres. Shit.
  6. i can get about 26/l on my Spada and only takes up 8l of fuel b4 reseres. But yes i agree, the spada needs a bigger fuel tank :wink:
  7. True! I have even been considering enduro tanks for my beast before the next holiday (have to keep distance with a TTR250 with over 20L total capacity)