Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Space Invaders

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Go on, you know you want to. A trip down memory lane for some of us ;)

2. OMG!! we thought is was so high tech!! :shock: I'm assuming that "Ping-Pong" was pre space invaders??
  3. LOL even Nadeen came running in, " I remember that sound " :LOL:

I feel ashamed though, after 20 odd years I can still ace it.

level 5 and didn't loose a 'ship' before I stopped :oops: :LOL:
  4. Some people definately showing there age here :LOL:

But then again I still play my pinball machine as well.
  5. I still have my tandy somewhere at the folks, along with the cassetes for Pong, haywire, frogger and spaceinvaders. LOAD "*" (run and press play)
  6. I still have my Atari 2600 here somewhere :LOL:
  7. A group of us used to go ten pin bowling and then eat junk food then spend the rest of the night clocking the space invaders machine to 999990, the bowling alley used to reset the machine when all the top scores were the same :)

I couldn't get even close to that these days...
  8. Frogger was the best lol Ok so who is going to volunteer their place for the great NR Space Invaders/Frogger challenge lol
  9. Well, I got past the first level and pretty chuffed!!

Did'nt want to tempt fate with the second so took my ball and went home

Ha Ha......
  10. Scored 16,410 , does not even come close to top 500 scores :LOL:
  11. Hmm, didn't give me a score and I can't see those ones that give you the extra points if you hit them ..... I can hear them, but they don't show up on the screen.
  12. I thought that I was doing OK when I got to the 3rd level without losing ship or turn or whatever it's called. But when I got to level 5 and used all my turns up I scored, wait for it, 7700. The Top 500 is still another 25000 above it...

My favorite game of the time was called Galaxions. Similar concept but different. If that makes any sense.
  13. I'm that smidge younger and was all about the Galaga. Got on one again recently after 20 years and still high-scored it by a massive margin.
  14. Galaga was a favourite of mine.
  15. that is Gold!!

Frogger was another favorite of mine..
  16. Thanks Vic I needed that :LOL:
  17. At the moment , my score is 32040 , sitting at no. 59 in the high score list :grin:

Frogger is available here, click on frogger banner http://www.neave.com/games/frogger/
  18. This was the first video game....and still hopeless at it :p

17,040 :oops: