Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Southpark weighs in on overly loud motorcycles

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Grumply, Jul 8, 2010.

1. #1 Grumply, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. I didn't watch the video, after reading some of the comments first, the use of the word 'fag' on the youtube site makes me sick. People need to grow up.
  3. Fair enough, the clip does actually address its use of the word though.
  4. Did you not see that south park episode?
  5. Its actually pretty funny. Shame the whole episode was not there.
  6. Nope, I don't watch southpark. And to be honest, if the episode incites the sort of comments on the youtube video of it (even though it is youtube, and that's what can be expected) then I don't want to see the episode. Especially if it might be more-than offensive to me or someone I know.
  7. No see thats the problem, you have to see the episode to understand why theyre saying it.
  8. That's like saying you have to be hit over the head with a brick to understand what pain is....how stupid.
  9. Everyone who has seen the episode raise your hand.
  10. Yep, if you've seen the episode then it makes sense
  11. yeah I've seen the episode, it was on SBS a month or so ago.
  12. Yeh I saw it, it made me chuckle
  13. It's hilarious :p and not offensive to homosexuals at all :)
  14. LOL thats classic ... hahah !!! love it
  15. Funny as. Thanks for posting.
  16. I can totally understand where you are coming from, but this episode as a side issue deals with the use (and misuse) of that word.

Don't forget that most people commenting on youtube vids are 12 year old tools hiding behind anonymity calling each other "stoopid poopy head" (language used varies, but the essence of the message is the same).

I'd say it is worth a watch for the exact reasons you don't want to watch it. Don't judge a book and all that.
  17. it's not like that at all because in the episode they were riding harleys yet they didn't know what fag meant.
  18. South Park, at least for the last 8 seasons or so, is actually really cleverly written. When I was a kid, I used to just watch it for the offensive language, but now I actually get the meanings and references to popular culture and satire. This is a perfect example of that.
  19. sadly the whole episode was not there - the bit where the kids describe their use of the word "fag" to the principle is the keystone that holds the whole episode together.
  20. You know, this whole conversation reminds me about a gay guy who got the shits because I called my mate (a straight guy) a "bloody poofta" ... He then turned around and said "how would you like it if I called you straight??" .... I just lol'ed and said "champ, knock yourself out"!

anyhow, just a random story I thought i'd share.....flame away