Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Southern Lights?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by brownyy, Aug 4, 2010.

1. News Linky

So what should we be looking for? Will any EMP be strong enough to reset computers? I hope the world falls into some chaos, and my driving history at the VicRoads computers is reset. :twisted:

2. Don't worry people, it's nothing to worry about. I just ate a heap of jalapeƱos have lit my fart on fire. I really wish astronomers would stop watching me during my drunken nights and coming up with outlandish stories.
  3. The Hadron collider started it.
  4. Close, tequila slammers is what started it.
  5. If you are lucky and look to the southern sky around 11ish and it's clear you may see the southern lights, especially if you are on the peninsula etc.
    Usually a red shimmer much like a sunset but in the wrong spot.
    Last time I saw an aurora in Melbourne was in 1989 when I lived in Hampton.
    Took some photos but can't find them!!!!!!!
  6. am or pm smee?

Edit: I know that sounds dumb but will this thing last till our (GMT+10) night time if this thing started early this morning?
  7. #7 ibast, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Haven't you seen day of the triffids?

8. PM Brownyy
  9. Was that a statement to me or ibast?

Either way I have no PM... what were you going to send anyway that can't be said in the thread? Some secret meeting place to watch it??

Edit: I'm an absolute fukn idiot. PM as in am pm, not private message PM...
  10. :rofl:

The same thought entered my head for about 10 seconds, but not long enough to write a post.
  11. Absolute gold, Browny.....lol
  12. so will we be able to see them?
  13. Tags at bottom of thread:

As in, they of the apocalypse? 8-[

14. yeah I get bored and entertain myself with random tags... :)
  15. Go to Tassie, you'll be able to see them really well as long as it isn't cloudy.
  16. I thought this was an advert for a new brand of cigarettes :roll:
  17. Have seen the Northern Lights on my way to Anchorage/North America several times, inflight. First time was like 'WTF is that ?????' Very impressive display of greenish, wispy array of cloud/lights.
    For those who haven't had the chance to witness this amazing sight, click on the link below...and amaze yourself :)

PS - The 5th pic down (under the reddish glow pic) is what I witnessed the first time...to this day I punch myself for not having my camera with me that evening.