Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Southern Downs Road Race Series 2013 - Round 2 July 6-7

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by simidau, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Direct quote from a Press release (it contains a photo and a track map in addition) : https://www.facebook.com/download/378717292232516/Press Release - SDRRS 2013 Round 2 - 20130613.pdf

The Motorcycle Sportsmen of Queensland will run Round 2 of the club's 2013 championship, The Southern Downs Road Race Series. July 6th and 7th will see racers descend upon the town of Warwick to compete at the Morgan Park circuit. Supplementary Regulations and Entry Forms are available from the clubs website (http://motorcyclesportsmen.com.au).

After the huge success of round 1, massive fields, lap records broken and many riders improving on their personal best times, round 2 is eagerly awaited. Entries to round 2 close the 27th of June, getting your entry in early is the best way for you to help your club to run an organised race meeting. So get your entry form filled in and come out and have some fun!

Featuring Circuit I (circuit descriptions http://www.morganparkraceway.com.au/circuit.htm). Round 2 will level the playing field, as the circuit has only been used a few times before most riders will have little experience. Superbike, Supersport, Moto3, 250 Production, Supermoto, Junior and Sidecar riders will all be pushing their machinery to the limit to get maximum points in what is the most hotly contested road race series in Queensland.

There will be a track day on Friday the 5th of July and a Coaching day run on Thursday the 4th of July, get your entries in quick as coaching and track days preceding a round of the Southern Downs always sell out quickly.

If you would like to be involved in helping to run the meeting or know someone who would like to be an official, the club is always looking for volunteers so we can continue running our meetings with high standards of efficiency and safety. Please contact Sarah for more information; 0439 326 322 or officials@motorcyclesportsmen.com.au

2. That will be an interesting one, good spectating of the action at T4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hope to have Trixxie ready to go but if not I might ride up to cheer you on Simon...I'm racing next weekend at Grafton in Stockers(Commuterlites)...

Kobo :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. The GS wasn't finished for Grafton and neither is the TRX for Warwick but I will try to attend, if only as a spectator...

Kobo :cool:

5. 120 competitors! So it's going to be a cracker, and the forecast is looking very favourable!
    Giddy up!

6. Sidecars up first, hmm :whistle: