Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sorry if this is your bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by iClint, Dec 24, 2014.

Let us put it to a vote

Poll closed Dec 29, 2014.
  1. Like

42 vote(s)
  2. Don't like

24 vote(s)
  1. CBG.

Saw this outside MCAS Auburn, some one took a perfectly good MT-07 and ruined it, the quality of the work was disgusting. I guess someone out there loves it.

2. Hi iClint I was out there yesterday trying hard not to spend money !.
    I must have missed that beast, what's wrapped around the fuel tank ?. Looks like a foil turkey cooking tray that was meant for xmas :sneaky:
  3. Guess it's some new retro-rat bike look?????
  4. Tin foil looks like it's some kind of temp solution while the final parts get made up.

Or it was a first attempt that didn't go to plan.

Good on em either way for trying to create something different and do it themselves.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. yeah your probably right....

just like the galvanised bolts from bunnings in the mirror posts, the chinese levers, the horrid grips the mis matched indicators, bodged exhaust wrap etc etc all temp until the good parts arrive ;)

Me thinks someone dropped their bike and it wasn't insured.... surely no one would do this intentionally.

(don't call me Shirley)
  6. Like the concept but the execution is well.... If you haven't got anything nice to say...
  7. There's undoubtedly a story behind it......
  8. Hmmmmm maybe to deter would be bike thieves :facepalm:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Maybe someone has a sense of humour and enjoys inducing debate...........
  10. Not my cup of tea for sure. On the plus side, at least it's a bike and someone loves it...and at least they are riding not driving.

Be a boring world if we all liked the same things...
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. A rat bike is a rat bike.
  12. everyone's entitled to their own opinion and can do what they like with what they own
    is the seat missing?
  13. As Habibs would say (no offence intended)

it's fully sick!
  14. It's impervious to cyclones and EMP blasts.
  15. I think everyone is being a little harsh here. It looks good from some angles...like when you turn 180 degrees.
    • Funny Funny x 7
  16. This sort of hideous insanity could only come from someone a bit clueless, I'm thinking a cashed up hipster.
  17. Can't imagine that seat would be too comfortable on long, well any cruise really.
    I'm not sure how you claim "tin foil battle armor" on your insurance claim if you drop this beast.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. What could a crash possibly do that would make it any worse?