Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Soon to own my first cruiser

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Blueser, Sep 11, 2007.

1. In approx 2-3 weeks I will be the proud owner of a 2008 model VTX 1800c when they finally arrive in the country.

This will be my first cruiser. I currently own a Honda CBR1100XX so it's going to take quite a bit of getting used to, but I am really looking forward to the change in mindset and cruising around and actually being able to see the scenery for a change :)

If anyone owns a VTX 1800 with an aftermarket exhaust I would like to know what sort of system they have, I have heard that the V&H Big Shots sound great and am looking at have one fitted asap.

2. Have Fun Blueser

Cannot help you with the aftermarket pipes on the VTX Blueser, but just wanted to wish you well with your new ride. I have the Vulcan 1600 and love it. Certainly a more layback , head-up style of ride as compared to something like your CBR. Looking at the scenery beats staring down at the tar anyday (IMHO). :)
    Be sure to post a pic or 3 when you get the new wheels.
  3. You will certainly enjoy the difference in riding styles.. I assume you will be keeping the bird, so you will have the best of both worlds like myself. :grin:
  4. I'm confused ,where is the scenery you talk off ?,I've never noticed any :? .

Maybe I'm riding my cruiser the wrong way. :wink:
    A guy I ride with has some REALLY REALLY loud pipes I'll ask what they are ,plus he is putting a 250 rear on it and a bigger front end .
    He also come from a blackbird and really enjoying the new bike.

Congrats on the new ride.

And remember "a cruiser is a style of motorcycle, the way YOU ride it is another story " :grin:
  5. Good point Sleddog: "cruiser" does not have to mean "slow and sedate", but got to admit that I like to enjoy the scenery on the way. I am always happy to tag along behind and catch up at the next stop :)
  6. Hi,

I am currently looking to buy a VTX1800. I was offered a really good deal yesterday for a 2007 model which I am considering. The sales guy said that Honda were discontinuing the 1800 and that this particular one was his LAST. I specifically asked if there was a 2008 coming and he said "not to the australian market".
    Can I ask where you are getting yours from and if you have any specs or a link to some info.
    I currently have a 2002 750. I love it but really need something a bit bigger.
  7. Hey i know my bike will be a lot less engine than you guys but just wanted to say im really rapped in getting my new cruiser soon also only a 250 but looks so cool. real good to find this cruiser forum guys.
    Thanks, Deano.