Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Soon to be newbie in Melbourne :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Rtech, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Hi guys,
    Been lurking for a while now and finally pulled the trigger and booked my learners for early January. Met a girl a few months ago that rides and decided how sweet it would be to go riding with my girlfriend when she gets a new bike next year. Grew up with a Ducati 916 poster on my wall but when i was younger my parents always said if i get a bike, they will kick me out. Been out of home for a while now so that solves that issue. I hope they don't mind that i used the xmas cash they gave me to book my learners haha. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys when i get my L's and a bike in January.

2. Hello and welcome Matt :)
    Good luck with the Ls and finally getting a bike.
  3. Welcome to NR , Matt !
  4. Thanks guys :) Weird feeling being a forum newbie again after being on my main other ones since 2004 haha.
  5. ^^ there are some really good , helpful people on here with lots of useful knowledge . Fair to say that there are also some that aren't . Spend some time here and you'll work it out soon enough :D
  6. Yeah its the same with every forum on the interwebs. Just got to follow the golden rules of forums. 1 Search before posting and 2. Don't take the bait... haha
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Good luck mate, got my learners at 17 and 9 months the first day I legally could. I was hooked as soon as they let me start the bike hehe............13 years later and onto bike 4 I still love it.........:)
  8. Haha nice work! I'm 29 though. I call this my 1/3 life crisis :)