Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Soon to be new rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by midlife, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm looking at getting my first bike around the end of this year, and I've been spending a bit of time looking through this website and researching what bike and gear I should get etc. Firstly I need to say how impressed I am with these forums. Very rarely do you find such nice people who are willing to help out others without all the usual internet trolls.
    FYI, I'm looking at getting a 2nd hand VTR250 and I'll probably be seen lurking around the new rider and what bike forums in the next few months and asking all sorts of noob questions.

2. Welcome aboard.

Depending where you live you might want to go along to one of the learner sessions or coffee nights even before you get a bike, since it is sometimes easier to ask the dumb noob questions in person. :)

3. The vtr250 is an excellent choice.
    So is going and getting more and more rider training. I have been impressed with honda australia rider training (HART) but there are numerous mobs who can give you better skills. Don't just finish your licence then head out into the world, more skills = better riding = longer life.

4. Yep - no trolls in these forums! :-w

Welcome and have a blast on your new bike when you get it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to NR.
    Enjoy the new ride when you get it. :)

6. Welcome to the forum.

You haven't met Blabbus yet have you?

7. VTR250 ? Man up fella.

• Like Like x 3
  8. He has now.....

9. G'day Blabbus - I thought size didn't matter!

I live in Mt Gambier so the opportunity to meet up at one of the coffee nights might be limited. I will be posting a bunch of questions on the new rider forum soon, so any help with answering those would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

10. She lied.

• Like Like x 1
  11. :D

Welcome to NR!

12. +1

+1
    very few trolls exist in person

13. I exist

• Like Like x 1
  14. welcome to NR, enjoy the ride

15. Hmmm..Do you REALLY exist or are you a figment of your own imagination? :p

16. Welcome and good choice of bike..... yes a biased opinion..... :)

17. Hi Midlife, welcome to NR