Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sony Active Noise Cancelling Earbud Headphones - today ONLY (01/05/10)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by doonx, May 1, 2010.

1. www.oo.com.au has Sony Active Noise Cancelling Earbud Headphones on sale today only for $96.95 in case you need a set.

I paid $200 mid December for these :(

I have purchased from this website before, they are Australian and reliable. Warning though, I have used my NC earbuds on the bike, they worked TOO well for me!
  2. Thanks!

Why did they work too well on the bike?
  3. Cause I couldn't hear enough going on around me, my own engine noise and feeling.
  4. They're still advertised at that price: but they're not new. "Refurbished" 8-[
  5. mmm second hand Ear Wax

6. I've got Phillips one's and find that they cancel too much noise also.

I can only hear music (at normal volume:I don't turn it up to ride) this is
    a problem because I don't concentrate enough on riding, as the ride I led
    and missed two turn-offs will testify.

I do use them for the commute though. The box of tricks that does the cancelling works best if it is outside in the wind, not in your pocket.

Paid about $150.00 I think from Smith's Dick
  7. I’ve been riding with noise cancelling ear buds for years and find them great. I have been using the sennheiser cx300. I find they keep me pumped on long trips. I don’t really use them on short trips. I enjoy them that much I have just ordered a pair of SHURE E4C. Reviewers comment on these ear buds was the best they ever heard to date, can’t wait.
    Admittedly they did take some getting used to but now it seems my eyes take up where my ears left off, constantly reassessing what’s around me. I wonder if deaf riders are more prone to accidents or do they do what I now do?