Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Songs in heads

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Roderz, Nov 2, 2004.

1. I know we all suffer this affliction, so I thought I'd start a post on it...

Here's the place to vent about all the songs that get stuck in your head, be they annoying, catchy or cool.

I find I end up with annoying ones more than anything else...

Just recently emjaye's sister managed to get Steps - 5, 6, 7, 8 or whatever the hell it is stuck in my head... FOR 3 DAYS SO FAR!!! Now that is just cruel and unusual...

2. That bloody Bananaphone song. Lately it often pops into my head while riding around town and can't get it out. Help me somebody help me ! :shock:

Also, Beatles: "The Long And Winding Road" while riding twisties :)

3. i'm on a mex-ican radiooo
    i'mona mexican rad-ioo owowow

:LOL:

life be in it

hot potato

i've got a luverly bunch of coconuts

sit on my face and tell me that you love me

muh nah muh nah

They're all good, i dont mind chanting that around in my head for hours on end. i do it all the time. but then theres the nasaty ones, the evil minds that created these songs should be strung up with the worst of them :evil:

mmm bop

barbie girl

that kiddie theme song "whats in the box"

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

4. The last couple of weeks I've had the new Brittney Spears song stuck in my head...."every time I see you in my dreams...." :? :shock: :oops: . *please God, save me from this terrible infection....*

There are a few others, mostly Drum 'n' Bass, Hard House tracks, etc. Kinda depends what sort of mood I'm in, what I did the night before, if I heard a song right before I jumped on the bike.

There is always something running through my head though. Its never normally just one song.

:D :D :D

5. The time i get a song in my head is when im stopped at lights, im usually still to caught up with watching the traffic and watching my speed :(

6. Saw a CD in a shop yesterday.. Ah Ha (Take on me)

7. Hear ya go pepito..........................back by popular demand (damn did not think it made such a positive impression when I first posted it :shock: :LOL: :LOL: )

Ring, ring, ring! Banana Phone!

8. Things are getting desperate when songs by Dr Hook get stuck in my head! :shock:

9. ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone, banana phone
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

10. Doctor Worm, No one knows my plan, and Man it's so loud in here by They Might Be Giants have been doing the rounds recently. I like TMBG, but I'd like a little more variety.

I'm thinking about an ipod, but don't know where to get decent earphones that will fit comfortably under the helmet and also block wind noise.

11. We have another winner :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: 8)

Next my plan is for world domination, once my little pretties have been captivated by Ring, ring, ring! Banana Phone!

*in evil voice * :twisted: :twisted: mwahahahaha mwahahahaha mwahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: cough cough (gotta give up the ciggies)

Cheers 8)

12. 3 months it took me to get it out of my head now its there again for another 3 months

13. Arrrggghhh!!!

14. mate try earmolds they work an absolute bloody treat.

15. mate try earmolds they work an absolute bloody treat.

Ring, ring, ring! Banana Phone!

16. that banana phone is different to the one im talkin about
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/166521
    this one is heaps better

17. Earmoulds? Like, moulded shapes for hearing aids?

18. yeh look i'm sorry but this thread needs to be locked and then burnt immediately

It is a thread of pure evil.

oh and apparently "I've got a luverly bunch of coconuts"

19. Insta Mold is a product that is injected into your ears then extracted buffed up and forms a perfect fit. They were selling them at the recent bike expo. You can have a straight mold and one with tubes in them for music.

20. Dazza,

Any idea what the company that was making the ear plugs at the expo was called???
    I work for a hearing services company, and have been investigating moulded ear plugs, but havent yet come across a product such as you describe. As far as we know, it sounds like they are using impression material which will eventually shrink, and isnt good for your skin if in contact for long periods of time.

Emily
    '91 Across