Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Songs about bikes

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RussellDP, Jun 5, 2016.

1. So lets hear them. Bike related songs. Post the link below.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  3. always gives me chills for some reason.

And you pointed your headlamp toward the horizon
    We were the one thing in the galaxy God didn't have his eyes on
    900 cc's of raw whining power, no outstanding warrants for my arrest
    Hi diddle dee dee, goddamn, the pirate's life for me :)
  4. Mike Sarne, Just for kicks, from the sixties...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Pretty much anything by Dumpy's Rusty Nuts. Here's their brilliant live album, Somewhere in England, which includes an excellent version of Just For Kicks, alongside others such as Boxhill or Bust.

It is not too much of an exaggeration to say that this album was a significant influence in me finally getting my finger out and getting a bike.

6. Not sure how I feel about this version, but this song is one of my all time favourites, and it also happens to be about a pretty famous motorcycle.
  7. And another blast from my British biker event past is BSA Rocket 3 by the DTs. It was always their encore number at the Bulldog Bash back in the late 80s, with quite a bit more narrative in the live version than in this studio recording and 5,000 pissed bikers singing along to the chorus :D. Aah, good times...
  8. Arlo Guthrie...Motorcycle (Significance of the pickle).
    Point one..I'm a bit old, got no idea how to link a song.
    Point 2..yeah, I know, I have a somewhat weird sense of humour
  9. Find it on youtube>copy link from address bar>then paste it into the chain link symbol 7th from the left>insert

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Thanks for that Andrew, however, with a few sherbs under the belt on a lazy Sunday, I will struggle to remember that tomorrow lol. And yes, the bike is safely locked away in the shed!!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

Not saying it's any good, but it's about a motorbike.
  12. We could ignore the bit where he sings 'drive away' and imagine he says 'ride away', it is a great song. Motor Away - Guided By Voices
    • Like Like x 4