Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sometimes it's the little things (new bike bonding)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mysticwhiskey, May 9, 2009.

1. I guess it's all part of still getting to know the new bike, but today I got on and thought - hmmm this feels nice and comfortable. Then a little bit later whilst pulling off from the traffic lights it all came together nicely - clutch friction point, just the right amount of acceleration, and voila: a smooooooth takeoff! Nothing to remark about really, but it's still a relatively new bike to me (3 weeks and 500km's), and it made me smile. :grin: Of course, the next take-off from the lights wasn't quite as smooth. :roll:

Perhaps we're bonding, this bike and I... :LOL:

2. Getting to know your bike - I mean really developing a partnership is extremely important IMHO...And it's all the subtle little things that make the difference, and give you the most pleasure while riding..
    As you noted...sometimes the two of you are in sync...sometimes not...When it all comes together, it's brilliant! :grin:

3. I've experienced the same on all my bikes ( 3rd time about 4 weeks ago ).
    It's weird, but it all seems to 'click' for me after about 3000 kms.
    Awesome feeling !!! You still get the occasional 'oops, that didn't go so smooth' moment, but it's all a part of the bonding process.
    Well Done!
  4. Know what you're talking about. Had exactly the same feel yesterday. From the time I jumped on, to the time I came home, it was almost perfect harmony. Still, I felt like I was leaning further and keeping my speed up through a couple of corners that demand respect, nothing overly fast, but faster than I usually go through them.

It's a great feeling.
  5. It's so funny that you posted this. I had the exact same moment yesterday on my bike. Everything just... clicked. lol. I drove my car into work this morning and I did find it quite strange to be lugging around this 1.3 tonne of metal just to carry little old me.