Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sometimes I think I'm fast...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by SAMB, Sep 6, 2012.

1. ...like this past Sunday on Myers Creek Rd. In my own little world. Following my friend in front of me and really into it. Throwing the bike into every bend and charging into each corner. Cracking the throttle open on every exit to the point where the steering gets very light. A common complaint on earlier Blades. Then I hear a rumbling of a V-twin behind me and boom! There's someone right on my tail. I respect proper etiquette and move over to wave him past. He politely obliges by giving me a bit of a wave/nod as he absolutely destroys me on a very sharp curve in the road. I get a giddy smile slowly followed by a feeling of disappointment in myself.

Like I learned in my early 20's....there's always someone tougher out there and as I learned on Sunday....there's always someone faster on the road.

Hats off to you Mr. SP-2. I hope to be as quick as you one day.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Theres always someone quicker.

I found the same thing would happen when I started doing track days.

Flying, killing it, as fast as I'd dare! And then an sv650n drives around my outside like I'm not moving.

Oh yeah I remembered, I was still 10 seconds of lap record. Time to improve!
  3. Your problem is you were riding a bike road on a Sunday. Go mid-week at the right time and you'll be the fastest ever. :p
  4. SP-2's are rad! Was the plate MY-SP2?
  5. It's even worse when they've got a pillion :oops:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Slow and Steady survives the race... lol
  7. I was absolutely demolished by someone on a cracking Aprilia RS250 the other week... felt bad...