Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Something to be wary of?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mugen, Jul 1, 2007.

1. In my search for a good LAM bike, I'm currently looking at a ZX2R which has had the chain and front and rear sprockets replaced. Is this probably an indication that the current owner has thrashed it learning to do wheelies?

2. It's a sign that the current owner made sure that the bike is maintained and safe. :)

Chain and sprockets need replacing every so often. 20-30 thousand km usually. :)
  3. How many kms has the bike done? Chains and sprockets do wear out....

For wheelies check the front end bearings.

LAMS....too much choice without knowing your experience and what you want to do with the bike.
  4. Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific. The owner has gone up teeth at the back/down at the front.

I'd post the URL for the ad at Bikesales but I don't have enough posts :p It is the blue ZX2R.

Another random newbie questions: is a jet a jet a jet, or are they specific to each bike?
  5. "Warning, Will Robinson, Warning...."
  6. I am too young for that reference to be anything other than thoroughly cryptic without the help of Google, although you did get it wrong :grin:

Given that I have no riding experience beyond the pre-learner course, and not much more mechanical experience, should I just pass over the bike and look at others?
  7. Mate, there are plenty of bikes around. If you are sus on a bike for some reason look at another.
    You could always ask the seller why the gearing is shorter than standard.

Dont worry about Paul. He's old enough to quote lines from Gone With The Wind. :LOL: :LOL: