Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Something lost in the translation

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by matti-san, Feb 7, 2006.

1. About 20 years ago I used to repair TV's and got a good laugh from some of the Japanese user manuals, now its the Korean's turn.

Excerpt from Hyosung owners manual.

Engine stop switch:

OFF Position: Using when dangerous condition of falling down during drive and others or engine stop suddenly. The engine circuit is off. The engine cannot start or run.

ON Position: Using when need operation of engine as drive and others.

WARNING do not operate for the engine stop switch is in the OFF positionwhile driving at one's pleasure. :? :? :? :? :?

2. I still love the manual for my Mum's Hyundai.

When talking about the e-brake it's listed as "Handbrake, foot type"

I do know that Korean translations make absolutely NO sense though. Babelfish some text into Korean and back into English. The results are quite interesting :wink:

3. sounds like the sleeping tablets i got from the chemist last night, the box had a warning on it that said:
    "may cause drowsiness"

or the bag of cashews in by pantry that has a warning:
    "may contain nuts"

4.  Top
  5. JD ROFL bloody fantastic :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

6. Just had to do it, read below

Me yet my, mummy Hyundai it loves the hazard operationg manual. The e when talking the brake, it "the n multi Korean translation which with the hand brake and foot shedding of blood" it will make with list not understanding absolutely but me it is an egg n. Babelfish with the Korean language and with English the some original. The result positively is a fun,

I'm not driving a Hyundai, beacuse I dont want to shedd blood from my foot :?

7. One last one,

It goes out and from the chemist in the last night, the box it gets and the tablet which sleeps there was warning to it to sound it talks together,: "Crawls and the log where the cause which gets up a condition" becomes inside knowing

&

Or khay by to the foodstuffs store thread which is unit warning of the shoe in inside: "The log which includes the nut" it does not know

I dont want shoes in my Cashews :shock: :shock: :grin:

8. PJ you are having way too much fun!