Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Something I bought a month ago =]

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by tonee, Mar 28, 2011.

1. After the insurance company wrote off my 04 CBR600RR I picked up a 2006 GSXR1000 with just above 9000km on the clock, now at 10,000.
    Its a real pleasure to ride, the power is manageable and handling is incredible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hhrrmm how come my images are so small?

3. It's past midnight, and sleep beckons.

Why you do this??? :cry:

P.S.: The thumbnails link to the larger versions.

4. hehe
    I used to be able to have the larger image on the post, but now its just the thumbnails

5. oh, here's the pics :D wicked shots! congrats on the beautiful bike, i think they're one of the better looking faired bikes in the market - i'd put them in my top 10 fairinged bike list :)

6. Awesome bike, Tonee ! Mine (K5) was recently sold, in its place the Fireblade which I'll ride around registered for a little while then take off the streets for track use.
    At 166kg dry and with a 1000cc donk strapped to it, the K5/6 are arguably one of the greatest bikes built ! They were THE bike of that era.
    Enjoy buddy and congrats.

7. Nice looking bike Tonee!

Did you get rear disc sorted?

8. wow.

what a great bike.

9. Thats awesome man, best of the GSXRs great find!

10. Nice work, tonee. Great bike you got yourself there.

11. Thanks guys, really enjoy it.

MV: They got delivered from the US and I swapped them over, pretty easy DIY =] thanks for your help.

12. Anytime Tonee, glad you got it sorted!

Now go & ride the wheels off it :)

13. Nice bike mate, looking awesome!

14. Great photos Tonee. Yeah the bike looks good. Polishing it much?

15. I am sure the gsxr are a great bike - but I just can not bring myself to like them because to me they look too much like a gs500f its that whole single headlight thing that I am not keen on