Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Some sort of record..

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by hornet, Mar 8, 2013.

1. I just heard on the two-o'clock news that an off-duty Policeman has had his licence suspended and his bike registration cancelled on the spot after last night being clocked by Highway Patrol officers at 200kph in a 50kph zone in an industrial area in Western Sydney.

..and, no, it wasn't stuck in second...
  2. In third? :D
  3. Why isn't he dead? Doesn't speed kill?
  4. I presume they stopped him before it could :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. He obviously wasn't a motorcycle cop. They have had special training that allows them to do those sort of speeds safely.
  6. But, I thought even 1k over would do the trick :tantrum:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. http://smh.drive.com.au/200kmh-in-50kmh-zone-police-officer-charged-20130308-2fqea.html
  8. 1050km/h is crazy on a bike
    • Like Like x 2
  9. As if we don't have enough problems - without popo going to these sorts of extremes to give motorcyclists a bad name....:mad:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The moral of the story is if he was a policeman he would have been let off. But he was a motorcycle rider, so he must pay for his sins.
  11. Peter Brock Drive? Really.
  12. So you're saying that being a motorcyclists negates the fact he's a copper in the eyes of other cops.
  13. I think it shows that there are some cops that play by the rules rather than letting other cops off behaving in a manner that the rest of us can't get away with.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. He was going over 200kph? So how fast was the guy that caught him?
  15. Probably 0Kph, sitting there with a speed gun.
  16. Kwaka FTW
    • Like Like x 1
  17. what were you saying in the other thread mate? EXACTLY
    • Like Like x 1
  18. that I am a hypocrite.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Not so much negates, as overpowers. Cops these days see a motorcyclist and get a ticket pad hard on. He could have been the pope on a postie bike, they still won't let him off. Any other situation, maybe, who knows. But two wheels are like a shit stops here magnet these days.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 1k is 1024 not 1050 :p