Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Some pics from work

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by DragonCypher, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Had a bit of spare time one afternoon recently at work so I decided to give the bike a nice shine up and took some pictures. Excuse the phone's camera quality.

The cleaning process I've been using lately, is just a clean rag + silicone spray. Takes barely 20 mins, requires no water or soap.
    At first I was sceptical when I saw my boss cleaning his KTM 990 with it but the results are quite impressive. Makes it nice and shiny, gives you that squeaky clean feeling and makes raindrops bead off like its been waxxed. Lasts about 2-3 weeks before the effect wears off too.

I'm currently undergoing an apprenticeship as a Volkswagen Technician in Newstead. This is our secondary workshop, and my hoist that I've been using lately. The main workshop next door is about 5 times the size and houses around 16 hoists.

Anyways, what do you guys think?
    I've been absent from the forum for a while so figure this would be a nice way to return.

Click for larger:

2. That's an awesome backdrop for a photo shoot. I'd love to be able to get into there one day and shoot my bike. Reckon my old GTi Golf has probably been in that room a few times. Used to take it to Newstead for Servicing.

I've never heard of Silicone spray being used that way bit it's a pretty cool idea. Might give it a crack on the engine casings ect on the Zed.
  3. I used to say that about the Mother In-Law but we get on alright these days.

DC, you're bike's looking nice & shiny mate. Looking good.
  4. is that spray the stuff the indians are flogging in supermarket carparks??

and didn't you just finish a diploma in motorsport??? kind of a step backwards isn't it??
  5. Yeah I finished the diploma mid last year, but due to the fact its not a very well recognized degree it wasn't particularly helpful in obtaining a job.
    It should however allow me to finish a 4yr apprenticeship in just 2 as I've done more than half the required Tafe training already.. so it wasn't completely useless.

I'd also like to go to university and do some kind of mechanical engineering/CAD design kind of work. Just needed a break from full time study and living on centrelink.
    Believe it or not a 1st yr apprentice on $7.50/hr is more than enough to pay for rent/bills/food and have enough left over to build a $2.5k watercooled rig of a computer with 3 screens in just a few months

It was entirely necessary