Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Some Motorcycle Patents & What We Might Be Getting

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Wayned, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Front and centre is a Honda patent showing a diagram of a 90 degree V-twin, but also everyone seems keen on getting variable valve timing into their bikes.

From HFL -

The rest - http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2013/01/what-patents-can-tell-us-about-your-next-motorcycle/
    • Like Like x 1
  2. i got all excited reading through parts of it...then realised "you have no fcuking idea what any of this means chris" and gave up...*shrugs*
  3. I saw what looks like a new Honda V-twin and didn't care nearly so much about the rest.
  4. #4 Rainbow7, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    They should just save their R&D budgets and simply build large-displacement bikes. I love my VFR but the (ersatz) VTEC is no substitute for another 200cc of engine capacity.
  5. Had a bit of a chuckle when they claim the Yamaha valve mechanism was light weight. Seems to add a fair bit to engine height too.

The honda one looks scarily complicated too.
  6. Time to predict the future. You heard it here first.

1. Honda v4 superbike. 2 stage pricing like s1000rr only better than the kraut garb

2. Yamaha triple r1. Still crossplane torque monster

3. Panigale R $70k bike not wanting anything

The rest i couldnt give a crap about
  7. V-twin honda will probable be a cruiser or weird hybrid thing like the DN-01