Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Some fascinating old pictures

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Yes, I know, whatever happened before you got YOUR bike is of no interest. But to some of us, it is....

Here's a fascinating archive of old British drag racing photos, and facts and figures. Plenty of bikes here, too, weird and wonderful, and some superb engineering, like Henk Vink's hand-built DOHC four cylinder motor....

http://giswww1.bcit.ca/dkipling/eleven_drag_bikes.htm

2. you should see the pile of magazines and race meeting programs i found yesterday. theres like the history of oran park motorcycle racing in the late 60s early 70s there. ooh and i found what i've been looking for for ages, ill post it up in a sec :twisted:

3. OH PLEASE, I was at a lot of those meetings. I'd love to see the hard copy too.....

4. ok so i got a little sidetracked, but i'm posting up a funny. you might remember it paul. it was a bit of a gimmick back then.

5. Thankyou Hornet, sure brings back great memeories. I will try save it for later.
    While we are on the subject of old stuff, a friend of mine misplaced ( lent & never got it back) a book & I would very much like to obtain another copy for him. It has all the older drag bikes in it from all over the world.
    He is sure it was called,,,
    Motorcycle Drag Racers Hand Book
    By Carl Artfield.
    If you know where we might get a copy, I would be very greatfull. If you are into Top Fuel drag bikes, the guy in mention is Peter Pearce, he has another Top Fuel bike now, but did very well on the drag bike called ,
    PARTY TIME

The guy who would like to get another is