Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Some cut & Polish cream, that'll buff out. Right?

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Al_Cam, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Tuesday morning commute. Ute pulled out from line of stationary cars in right-hand lane in to not quiet empty left hand lane - there was a motorcycle. I glanced off his LHS I think the bike was knocked from under me as it ended up in the gutter facing the other way and I shirt fronted a concrete driveway. Sternum feels like c**p. Breathing is a little difficult. Sore shoulder, right thigh. right heel. Trip to Austin. Nothing broken. No blood in urine. New bits are starting to get sore as the day goes on. Have GoPro footage but will wait until insurance all completed. Going to bed & check out out for a while on meds.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  2. That sucks no good mate hope you improve earlier rather than later
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. That sucks. Heal up. At least nothing of you is broken.
  4. Ah crap, take it easy and get better
  5. People drive like there hair is on fire,5 minutes late.Big deal. Run over a bike,not so good.
  6. Bugger !, rest up Al_CamAl_Cam glad you're relatively unscathed.
  7. Ouch!
    Hope you are feeling better soon and they've given you the good meds!

Did the ute stop?
  8. damn glad to here you are not to badly injured.

Good luck with the insurance
  9. Sorry to hear that, hope you're on the mend soon. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster inspire a swarm of Asian Giant Hornets to build a nest in the ute drivers underpants.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. glad your injuries are mostly cosmetic - I guess this is the best result you could hope for out of a potentially bad situation. did the driver stop and give details? did anyone else show any interest in your welfare?

take care dude, hope you and the slug will be ok.
  11. Very sorry to see Al_CamAl_Cam. I'm glad it wasn't worse though, bad enough as it is. What a depressing sight a banged-up bike is. Let us know how you go after a few hours' sleep.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hope you heal up soon and your insurance claims process goes smoothly
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dude
    hope your ok
  14. Hope you are ok mate, hopefully the aches will just stay as aches and go away. Got all my bits crosses for smooth insurance, lat thing you need is to be effed about.
  15. Get well again my friend, and if your polish is going to fix that.....................I will have some thankyou.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Looks like the meds are working thank goodness and hope you are getting lots of restorative rest Al_CamAl_Cam . Really sorry to hear it happened though. Get well quickly.
  17. Real sorry to hear about your experience, but, thank you for sharing your story and pics because it is a reminder that shit can and does happen to anyone. Hope you (and your confidence) recover quickly.
  18. Bummer dude.
    Hope you pull up OK over the next few days, and that the insurance gets sorted quickly for you.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery, most importantly you - but also the bike/insurance issues too.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sleep and rest and meds are yr best friends. time heals but it suks