Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Solo seat Honda CB400??

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Sasperilla, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Hi,

I just bought a 2008 Honda CB400. It's my first bike so I won't have a pillion rider for a while. I want to make rego cheaper by converting my bike to solo, but I can't seem to find a way of altering the seat.

One idea I have come up with is to place a seat cowl on the back of the seat and see if I can get away with that. I found one on webike.com but it is the only one I can find. http://japan.webike.net/products/4465618.html

Can anyone help me figure out how to convert my bike to solo rider, or at least show me some other seat cowls i can buy that will fit my bike?

Also I would like to buy a windsheild for it that isn't too big or alien looking. Just something simple like the one on this Duke:

Hope you can help me :)
  2. Hi Sasperilla, your post got auto modded because you have too few posts. I have allowed it now. Go an introduce yourself in the Welcome forum to bring your post count up a bit. Good luck with the mod, hopefully some other QLD members can give you advice, We don't have solo reg down here.
  3. There's a ton of solo seats around that you could mod to fit.

Start by skimming through the seat pans available from Airtech in USA:

Airtech will have visors too.

And have a look in the Roccity Racers website store:

They do a good range of seat pans too - I am using one of theirs on my CB450.

Finally - if nothing fits - then dive in and make one!
    • Like Like x 1